Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Typical Dreary Summer Day

Today is really one of those does where there is nothing to be done..this is my extremely typical summer day. Most people I know are either sleeping or they're those lucky SOB's at Gathering of the Vibes. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a big 4-day music festival. In short, it's a modern day Woodstock. I'm not there because my mother deemed it "unsafe"; that's not the word she used because it was so long ago that I asked, but she just said no. Dammit. I guess it's just one of those things I'll end up doing later in life; try when I'm 18 so then I'm a legal adult. But until then, I'm stuck in Limbo Land. That's the thing about being 16, almost 17. Those are such tricky ages because, although you can drive, you can't do anything like clubbing, or hookah, or anything else that you need to be 18 for. It's just a matter of trying to figure out what to do on a daily basis; and I mean a daily basis. But I'm not going to sit here and complain just because I said I wouldn't and there's really not much to complain about now since my cousins are visiting for the next 3 days. So they should keep me preoccupied; but the nights where I stay up late, I'll have to figure those out myself. Maybe I'll actually read my summer reading book A Thousand Splendid Suns. I have to admit that it's actually a fantastic book, just a little hard to follow. So to my, hopefully, few people that actually read this blog (Yes, I know it's only been up for one day) I challenge you to read this book, and tell me what you think. But for now, The Kat House is closed

No comments:

Post a Comment